Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Y is for Yellow


I can't believe I haven't told you this week's lesson plan. I know you were all dying to know, but weren't brave enough to ask. Y is for Yellow. And what really interesting concept did I come up with to teach yellow? I give you the miracle of Play-Doh (and cookie cutters). Play-Doh is available here, but not a childhood right of passage like in the States. Many of the mothers found Play-Doh as delightful and intriguing as the tots did. One little girl (Noa) went ballistic when she had to give it back at the end of class. The amazing artwork in the photograph above was provided by Shuu. It was quite amazing that he could get three rabbits out of one tenth of a can of Play-Doh. As you can tell the last copy is a little flimsy. But isn't that what all those movies have taught us about clones?

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time was had by all. Just looking at the picture immediately brought the smell of playdo back to me. Let's face it, in the eyes of most mothers it is one of humanities greatest inventions. Mum

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Aaaahhhh, the smell of Play-Doh was on my hands all day yesterday. There is something tantalizing about that smell. Unfortunately the Play-Doh days are over. Hope I don't start having Play-Doh withdrawl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home