Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Skinny Lip


It is past time to buy a real coat. Several years past time. I didn't even bother to pack a coat when coming to Japan as I knew mine was useless, ragged and way out of style. So for the last couple of weeks I have been scouring Hamamatsu looking for the perfect coat. I have always loved the clothes in Japan. They are well cut and tend to be of a good quality. The bad thing is that they are so small. In the US I am somewhere between small and medium. Here I am large, and even large sometimes doesn't fit. It's enough to make a girl crazy. And as I am unbearably picky and cheap it makes the search even harder. Part of the problem is this years fashion. Short jackets are in. But when I put them on they make my hips look huge. I'm not one to run around asking if "this makes me look fat" because I'm not fat. But looking preportional is something I do expect. The other style problem is that the fur look is very in this year. And I quite like it. As long as it is not real fur. I don't eat animals, I certainly think wearing them is stupid unless you are a primitive cave man. I think I have evolved past that stage. Oh, I also won't knowingly buy wool. I finally decided on this coat. It looks nice, was cheaper than I was planning to pay, and I was tired of looking. I knew it was just a little tight through the back, but thought "Hey, I'm not planning on doing cartwheels in it, so it really shouldn't be a problem". And it was working out nicely - keeping out the wind, keeping me warm, looking very "That Girl" - until I got in the car to drive home. The tightness across the back is a problem when you need to put both hands on the steering wheel. Oh, well, I'll think of somethin'. Oh, and the store I bought it from is named "Skinny Lip". Is the other lip fat? Or maybe it is deformed and we are supposed to just ignore it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home