Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Simple Lesson


It is not easy coming up with things for the BabyKid Classes. It has to be something semi-educational and nearly free. Since I have 10 classes with 12 kids each whatever I do has to be done for 120 kids. So this week we did leaf rubbings. I made 120 copies of blank pages with a border that said "leaves" all around. Then I collected a bunch of leaves and flattened and dried them in books. Then I bought wax crayons and picked out all the autumn colors. Most of the moms use oil pastels. I think they are crazy. Two year olds should not be using messy art materials like that, when wax crayons are so much easier. Then I showed them how to do leaf rubbings and sat back and watched. I love watching how intense these little one's get while trying to do something we adults do without thinking. I was also amazed at how the mom's seemed to think these leaf rubbings were something brilliant. Did they not do this as kids? Or maybe I should just go with the flow and consider it a stroke of brilliance and that I am a genius.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. you are a genius. I think I'm hilarious- I hung chile lights on the magnolia tree. Mum

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Oh, mumsy, very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home