Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Northern Exposure


In the last couple of weeks I have had to face the ugly truth. I was in denial all summer, but now there is just no getting around it. My apartment has a Northern exposure. Aaargh. All summer when my apartment was filled with sunlight and it was baking me alive, I kept saying "but this sun will keep me warm in the winter". Hah! What an idiot I was. Now that the autumnal equinox has passed I don't get squat for sunlight. And my apartment stays cool all day. It is frequently warmer outside than in. I have learned how to use one of my heating devices. It is the air conditioner/heater that is located high up on my wall. That means the heat comes out at ceiling height...and then rises? And as this is a Japanese apartment you sit on the floor, you eat on the floor and you sleep on the floor. But should you stand up for some wild and crazy reason your head will instantly be toasty. I also have a gas stand alone heater but it is all written in Japanese and I think I want some help deciphering it before I attempt to start it and accidently blow up the entire neighborhood. And I have a kotatsu. It is a small table with a heater underneath it. Unfortunately I can't find the plug. Guess I'll need some help with that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home