Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Literary Renewal

Junko and I are reading "The Great Gatsby" together. It's quite interesting to see it through her eyes. It is also wonderful to reread this treasure. I am constantly reminded of why this is my favorite modern classic. A quote I like is:

"Gatsby, pale as death, with his hands plunged like weights in his coat pockets, was standing in a puddle of water glaring tragically into my eyes."

With one sentence he creates an entire diorama. Unfortunately Junko is not really understanding it without my help. She hopes to go into book translation. If this book is any indication, she is going to need a lot more help than seeing a hack like me once a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home