Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Karaoke Lunch


Last night I got an email from Rinako asking me if I wanted to go do lunch today and some karaoke. I jumped at the chance. So we met at her favorite restaurant at 11:30. One problem. It was gone. Yep, no sign, no map, just gone. So we changed our plans and went to Italian Tomato Jr. instead. Then we went to the other foreign food market that recently moved on me, and although it was only a block away I couldn't find without help. Then on to ruining her eardrums. I told her I liked karaoke, but I was lousy. That's only half true. I can't find the right key by myself. But I do okay if I can follow someone elses lead. And it is hysterical when you think you know a song and turns out you don't. The only two songs out of two hours worth of singing that I was able to pull off were "Horse with No Name" and "American Pie". And suprising that I didn't really know "Do You Want to Hurt Me" and "Bad Girls". I also pulled off a couple of country songs. The worst part is that Rinako is really good. No - seriously really good. But I had a lot of fun anyway, and it cost lest than 500 yen for 2 hours. It was a kick in the pants. Gotta do that again.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are people supposed to have that much fun at lunch? Sounds great. Mum

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to understand the whole concept of karaoke lunch without cocktails. I'll have to try it! Tracey

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Cocktails! I wasn't offered any cocktails. I was gypped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home