Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bullseye


Had a big success with my 3rd and 4th graders. I bought a magnetic dartboard at the hyaku yen shop. I then painted over the numbers and put Alphabet stickers around the edge. I had them throw the darts and they had to come up with a word that began with the letter that the dart had landed on. They loved it! It came down to sudden death with the teams tied but finally the blue team one. But you could really see kids (especially a couple of boys who are too cool for school) try and use phonics to think of a word. After the the game was won I showed them in the back of the book where there is an alphabetical index. I have a feeling a lot of kids are gonna start memorizing more words. I told you I was a genius.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is very, very clever. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home