Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Better Times

Rather than harp on my lousy day of being sick, I thought I would reminisce on better times. The last couple of weeks here have had wonderful autumn weather, cool but sunny. I have ridden my bike to work every possible chance I had. The joy that brings me might be strange, but so true. The sun on my back, the river running beside me, the birds darting about in the flowers growing along the path, these things are all to be treasured. Especially because I know it won't last. Also I have been taking my lunch if I stay downtown and eating it on top of the roof top garden over the symphony space adjacent to Act Tower. It is a wonderful, quiet place to be. Basking in the sun, reading a book and eating a cheese sandwich, Pringles and two chocolate chip cookies has been my lunch routine. Hardly anyone else seems to go there. So it's my little private park. There are several levels, one of which has sculptures, and the uppermost has a stage and a small lawn. Ahhhhh, I'll try to keep thinking the good thoughts. But it ain't easy when your pissy.

3 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like you have had some really nice days. Hope you start enjoying things agsin soon. The pictures make Hamamatsu look lovely. Mum

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blob with teeth is so cool! Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe you should make like a local and start wearing one of those anti-germ masks :)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Suzy,

I thought of that, but it is important for my students to see my mouth when I speak. Especially the younger kids. I also have no faith in them. I am also too forgetful, lazy, and would find them annoying. All of that is just self justification. I also keep thinking..."I won't get sick anymore, I have already caught everything." Hah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home