Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Work Therapy

Aaaah, work therapy. Feeling a bit better today. Going to work is a great distraction from Down-in-the-Dumps-itis. It also helps to be surrounded by giggling 3 year olds. During one part of every class we pretend to eat something, drink something and go to sleep. While we are all lying on the floor pretending to sleep I frequently make piggy like snoring sounds. Today's class goes crazy during the snoring! I am apparently the Robin Williams of the Hamamatsu preschool set. Does tend to lift one's spirits. Later in the class I had some more good chuckles. I go around to each child while they are coloring a page from the alphabet book and point to today's letter and ask "what's this?" This week is X. Then I point to a picture of the coordinating object (in this case it's an X-ray) and ask "what's this?" I got some interesting answers today including "My name is Yuui" (wrong question sweetie!) and "banana". Keeps you smiling. But on the other hand I realized I deleted all the photos I took last week in my classes. I am just sick to my stomach. Uuuughhh!

2 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Wallflower3 said...

Hey, even cowgirls get the blues... Wait, where did I get that? I would love to tell you something that would bring you out of your funk, but I got nuthin...
Oh, and I agree, I loves me some Clooney...
Feel Better, or as my sister says, Hope your feeling butter!
- Melanie in Freakin Texas where it is just raining enough to be annoying

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Hey Natalie,

I think it's partly the greyness that's been sitting over this country (well, Shikoku, and I assume much of the rest of it) the past week or two. Many of my friends (and I) down here have been in a funk as well. I agree, though, there's nothing like the extra-super-cute kids to make things look brighter. Makes it worth being here, doesn't it??

Sallie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home