Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Visiting Friends


I am in Nagano, visiting friends I made in Japan on my first trip here. Tomone and Yuwen. Tomone is Japanese, and Yuwen is Chinese and they met in Athens, Georgia. They have a 10 month old cherub of a daughter named Kei (pronounced Kay). They are unbelievably nice folks. And their English is good enough they get my jokes. And on occasion I slip back into my more natural speech pattern around them, which may be the most wonderful part of my whole visit here. I was really tired when I arrived, so Yuwen, Kei and I sat around the apartment and took it easy. As I may have mentioned before, Japanese kids think I am funnier than all get-out, and Kei is no exception. Tomone says he has never heard her laugh so long or so loud. It`s a gift. They have an electric rug - like an electric blanket, but a room sized rug. I love it! I wonder if they would notice if I stuck it in my suitcase on the way out the door?

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good time-but no stealing. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home