Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thursday Demon Babies Class

Thursday afternoon babybrat classes was particulary awful today. Luckily one of the evil trinity was absent today. Hana the Horrid Hellion was absent. And therefore Yuri the Yucky was not nearly so out of control. But Sogo the Spoiled was in particularly spectacular form today. He cried for half an hour straight. Not just cried but screamed and bawled for half an hour. I normally just talk right over crying babies. They usually give up the ghost after no more than 5 minutes. If nothing else they get bored of crying. But not Sogo the Spoiled. This was an all-out tantrum. His mother has been excusing his bratty behavior at previous classes because she is pregnant. And according to her the new baby is making Sogo the Spoiled "heartsick". Heartsick, Schmartblick! He hasn't any idea what having a new baby in the house will do. I'm sure he is upset because some big change is coming, and of course that is scary. But he's 3 years old. He is just using tantrums to get what he wants. And it's working, so why shouldn't he throw tantrum? But I did have to tell her I couldn't continue to yell over him...implying she needed to take the demon seed elsewhere. She got the hint and took him home. But by then most of the decent kids had checked out mentally. Although my headache went away, I was never able to get the class back on track. On the other hand, my Let's Go 1 class went wonderfully! Thank heavens! I also got to ride my bike to work, because the weather was lovely. Yippee!

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't children wonderful? But better than retail I would guess. Mum

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Well, better than most retail organizations, sure! But remember I use to work at a bookstore, and bookstore customers are pretty great and a quiet day at the bookstore could be very soothing and rewarding. Luckily I have only one Demon Babies Class. I still have a few Bratty Babies class, especially on Saturday.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Speaking of screaming toddlers, could you send your brother a birthday e-card by Sunday,please, Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home