Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My First Catch



Let me introduce Shosei and Yukia. I reeled them in tonight. I posted a "Will Chat for Money" sign at the Foreigners Welcome Wagon office (HICE - Hamamatsu International Communications and Exchange). My email has been pretty busy since then. I normally get one or two nibbles a day. Some are hoping I will be their friend, and others can't afford me and others just aren't available when I have free time. But this couple are the first people to sign up. I have a couple of meetings with possible students in the next couple of days, so there may be more soon. Shosei and Yukia were really adorable. They are taking an "English Class", but were looking for a conversation class to add to it. They want to improve their English skills because they really like to travel. They have a trip planned to Pheonix over the New Year's holiday. I haven't the heart to tell them I don't like Pheonix, but I can expound on the virtues of Arizona in general. They will be coming to visit (and leave money) every other week. I can't believe I'm getting paid to ramble on and on...but I am!

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money, lovely, money. How much do you remember about Phoenix? Mum

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Mumsy,

Well, I think I remember a lot about of Pheonix. First of all I remember those weird underpasses, that flooded easily in dessert storms. Don't forget I also visited Pheonix several times the summer I was a camp councelor in Prescott. And I was not impressed. It was a huge strip mall and people had rabbit hutch houses. What I remember doesn't leave me with any fondness.
But that's just me.

Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home