Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Monkeys and Feet in Hot Water


Yeah! I got to visit the hot springs at Jigokudani, where the monkeys have become smart enough to take advantage of the hot water and warm themselves. I have always wanted to do this, but I didn't think that even though I was going to be so close by, that I would be able to visit them. First of all it needs to be cold enough for them to enjoy getting in hot water. In the middle of August they don't find it so enjoyable. Also you have to hike in a bit to get to this onsen, and I didn't think little Kei-chan would be up for the hike. Well, I didn't have to worry. It was plenty chilly enough for the monkeys to enjoy the water, and as Kei is a little monkey herself she totally enjoys the hike and visit. Since Tomone had to carry Kei, that meant I got to carry his camera. And that means I got to take pictures with his camera. So between being at the Monkey Park and using and awesome camera I was one giggling, happy little camper. After I exhausted myself at the park we drove to the nearby town. Kei had fallen asleep, so Tomone stayed in the car with her while Yuwen and I walked around the old onsen town. Then we stopped at the foot only hot springs and toasted are tired, cold tootsies. Then we headed back to Nagano, downloaded the bazillion pictures I took and then headed off to an Italian Restaurant and gorged ourselves on pasta and pizza and dessert. Happy Happy Day.

3 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all sounds sooo interesting. Nagano was the sight of the Olympics, right? Mum

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

I think those are the monkeys at the beginning of Baraka! Soooooo cool! (Great movie, if you haven't already seen it...)

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Lucky you. I have always wanted to see those monkeys (well, ever since seeing Baraka anyway...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home