Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Long Time, No See

The Japanese LOVE this phrase. I hear it everyday! If I haven't seen someone in over a week they are guaranteed to use this phrase. This is an odd little phrase that we all know so well, but can't remember the last time we actually used it. I start laughing every time somebody uses it now. It is like a running joke I have with myself. The people around me just cock their heads and look strangley at me. Then they just shake their heads and say something I can't understand - probably something about how foreigners are all wacko.

2 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, that is one American phrase that I find really annoying but it does say a lot in 4 very simple words. Mum

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of long time no see, I'm sorry I've been such a total flake! If you're still interested, we should get together for a drink and some chitchat in the upcoming week.

pnts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home