Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Beware of Brazilians


So Magda, the Portugese/Italian/Black African salsa dancer, and I had lunch again today at the Indian restaraunt (could we make this anymore international?). I think Magda is great, she speaks a billion languages and is a kick in the pants. But her English is pretty horrendous. And she makes the majority of her money teaching English. Of course I only speak English, can understand some Spanish (but please don't ask me to speak it) and have a smattering of Japanese. So I really have no room to talk. But Magda makes me laugh. She starts every other sentance with "For example"...even when it is totally not an example! But today she told me to "Beware of Brazilians"! Wow! Okay? I'm pretty sure she has Brazilian citizenship, so I guess she should know. I think she was warning me against one particular Brazilian girl who had contacted me about private lessons. I gather this Brazilian girl is flaky, and not reliable about paying. I was told to "Front your money soon". I think that means to get the money up front. Or maybe I need to turn all my bills facing the same direction. Who know with Magda?

3 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Here's a joke Mark sent me after I posted this entry:

Donald Rumsfeld is giving President Bush his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident."


"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sit stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands, clearly very upset. Finally, the President looks up and asks:

''How many is a Brazillion??!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That joke made me laugh.
Mum's rule # 220: A little salsa never hurt anybody. Did you know I had that many rules? Mum

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Mumsy,

As I recall there were only 2 rules I was subject to when I was growing up:

1) Don't get yourself killed
2) Don't get yourself pregnant

And I was successful in not breaking either of those rules, ever.

Your darling daughter,
Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home