Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Shall We Dance?

Tonight I was transported into a scene in one of my favorite movies...The original "Shall We Dance?". If you never saw the movie I will let you know that it is a sweet funny movie about a Japanese man learning to ballroom dance. Tonight I was invited by Magda, a Brazillian English teacher I am friends with, to her salsa class. It was hysterical. I was terrible, but it felt good to dance. But even better were the chuckles I got from watching Japanese people trying to dance Salsa. But let me tell you they sure tried. There were some of the most uncoordinated, gangly men trying to move and shake their groove thing. And the women have to stop and laugh every few steps. And trying to watch them shimmy is just too funny. And some of the older ladies are dressed so primly and there is no hope that they will ever be able to really get down, but who cares? They were trying something new, getting some exercise and having a ball. I'm gonna see if I can't get a discount rate from the Community Center and sign up. Maybe I will improve, or maybe I won't, but I'm guaranteed an interesting time.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't be any funnier than me trying to line dance but sounds like fun. I quit after one try. Actually, it is at an inconvenient time. Mum

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Mark said the same thing, but I promise you, that uncoordinated americans(even naturalized brits) trying to line dance is nothing compared the reserved Japanese trying to shake it like the South Americans. You will have to take my word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home