Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That

Today was just a hodge podge of things. I started sorting through the books and papers my predecessor left behind in the apartment. I also worked on next weeks lesson plans. I did some research on the internet for future lesson ideas. I posted some photos to the genealogy site I maintain. I went grocery shopping. I also went to the hyaku yen shop, where I picked up a towel rack, a bicycle pump (400 yen), some paints and paint brushes for next weeks babykid classes. I played some computer games. I thought about taking a walk (didn't happen). Then the real fun began. It was time for the Skyland class. Three of them had just come back from Italy. One poor girl could barely keep her eyes open during the class and I don't think it was because of poor teaching skills. They told us all about their trip. And even better they brought me presents. They brought me a lovely necklace from Venice. And better yet they brought me alcohol from Capri. It is the funniest little bottle. More like two bottles melded together. The bottom one Iin the shape of waves) appears to be filled with Limone, and the top one (in the shape of a ship) seems to have a cream liqueur in it. I don't know how long I can go without tapping into them. I had a private lesson with Junko tonight, we are reading "The Great Gatsby". It took her over a month to read the first chapter. But this time she read the whole amount I set for her. Wish I had. Whooops. Did okay though. Studied that particular classic 4 different times, so most of the themes came swooping back. At least she doesn't want to read the "Good Earth" or "Heart of Darkness", which I also studied repeatedly in school. Gatsby is Waaaaay more interesting. Told you, today was a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home