Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Last Frontiers of My Apartment

My plan for the day was to go to check out Hamamatsu's very own castle. But when I awoke this morning it was raining. So I checked out the forecast. Rain all day. As a matter of fact Rain all week. Well, at least it is cooler than yesterday. So I sat around reading, did a few chores and listened to NPR. Then I decided to finally try out my bathtub.


Oh, it was wonderful. I was fearful that the hot water would disappoint me. I was wrong. The tub is so deep, when I sit up my shoulders just barely break the surface. And I was left with some bath confetti, and it made the best bubbles I have seen in years. After my success with the tub I decided to try out the recently cleaned oven.


I can't even explain how bizzare this little oven is. Besides the fact that all the buttons are in Japanese, and the tempeture is in celcius, it comes with these little plastic punch cards that you can use to set the time and temp. Well, none of the cards have a picture of a frozen pizza on it, which was on tonight's menu, so I just had to wing it. Can't say it came out perfect, but it was hot and the cheese was melted. So I now have used everything in my apartment. I am the master of my domain!

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you've tried out everything in the apartment. Are there any worlds left to conquer? mum

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I think I will try the outside world now. I'm such an adventurer.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

You have an OVEN?! I am jealous! Everyone I know here who has one either had to buy it themselves or received it as a gift!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I had to buy all the furnishings from the previous teacher I took over for. It was just one lump some for the whole apartement full of stuff. I'm not sure I got my money's worth. I am also not sure that I didn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home