Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hyaku Yen Addiction


Hi, my name is Natalie, and I'm a hyaku yen addict. Hyaku Yen's are the Japanese vesions of the dollar store. Only they give you a much better high. You can buy nearly everything you need at these stores. I have bought tank tops, and towel racks, hammers, notebooks and snacks. Hyaku yens have come in very handy for buying stuff for my classes. Last week was V is for Van. So I bought a little van that self propels and had the kids sit in a big circle around me. I propelled the van to each child one by one, and they sent it back to me. They loved it and were so patient for their turn it was amazing. Then later in the class we went over colors. I then would open a bag of balloons and dump them on the floor. Each child picked one, told me the color and then I pumped it up with a pump I got at the hyaku yen (the balloons also came from the hyaku yen. My apartment is practically decorated in hyaku yen. The plants I bought, the decorative fans on my kitchen wall, my plates, my cups, my mascara, the clock on my wall, my socks, my towels, EVERYTHING! Okay, not everything, just 95 percent of everything I have purchased has come from these places. And now I can't stop going there. Today I went to 4 different stores, and bought something in every single one. It's an addiction. I can't drive by without stopping. I try. But then my hands start to shake and my vision gets blurry, and then before you know it I'm getting another fix. I need help.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky dog, you! Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home