Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hideous Shoes: Part 2


These shoes a just slightly less hideous, not quite so huge, not quite so uncomfortable, but have been on just as many feet. These beauts are what I have to wear when I go to the Pulstec factory. There are two "classes", one directly following the other, on Wednesday nights. I have a 45 minute drive to get there, and have to stop somewhere along the way to grab something to drink and snack on, or go hungry until 8:30 or 9:00 when I get home. I say "classes" because they are conversation classes with between 1 and 3 students. So we just chat. Sometimes I'm called on to explain something about America. Such as tonight when I was asked why people would want to live in New Orleans when it was so prone to disaster. I then asked them why anyone would want to live in Japan, where there is at least 1 earthquake everyday, and typhoons are constantly bombarding it. Of course one smart alec stated that earthquakes are "fun". Other times I have to explain phrases I use. Such as when I stated my father was an ex-smoker. They thought that must mean he smoked alot, because X stands for extra large here, so he must smoke an extra large amount. No, no, it means he used to be a smoker, but not anymore. Like wife and ex-wife. Ex-wife? Yes, after a divorce the wife becomes and ex-wife. Divorce? Oh, my, this has gotten us way off the topic of one employees trip to American and looking for the smoking lounge in the Denver airpot. Now, I'm trying to explain divorce. I quite like these classes, and they keep me on my toes that's for sure. Too bad my toes are encases in such ugly shoes. Did I mention how much I hate the ugly shoes? Just checking.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lot of shoe changing! Mr. Ex-smoker would not be able to handle such a complicated life. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home