Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Danger Man to the Rescue



Saturday classes can be tough. I have 15 children in each of the Baby-Brat classes. That's just too many. Only 8 showed up for the first class, and it was sooo much better. My Let's Go 1 class is only 8 students and they are a little behind my other Let's Go 1 class. Sometimes we actually have to work on the alphabet. And then there is the Let's Go 3 Class. 4th and 5th graders who will barely speak above a whisper. They aren't very enthusiastic. And we had a tough time with the lesson today. It was much harder than I thought. So when we only had 10 minutes left and had several things scheduled left to do...I thought "Screw it!" let's give them a break and play Danger Man. It is really just Hangmen, but not only is Hangman a little too gruesome, it also isn't exactly apparent what is going on without some verbal description. I read about this form of Hangmen on the internet. The kids understood immediately the peril that our little friend was in, and would scream when I erased one of the parachute lines when they got the letter wrong. Remember, these are the kids I have trouble getting to say "Here" when I call attendance. They even ran to the board and tried to erase the teeth of the shark. I guess I can safely say I will be playing this game again.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Grief! This teaching stuff really is an exercise in inventiveness and creativity. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home