Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Typhoon #11

Well, Typhoon #11 came to visit today. My afterschool class of 1st & 2nd graders was a very small class because of it. We sat at the window (we are on the third floor) and watched people walking along with umbrellas. Whenever they got to our corner, whooosh, their umbrellas would flip upside-out. And we would laugh and laugh. What else could you do? We eventually got down to work and held class as usuallish. We had some extra time at the end and I taught them the "warmer, colder" finding game. But it got a little out of hand. I let one of the kids hide an object, but he and the rest of the class ran out of the class and down the halls screaming. Mind you there are other classes going on. I got furious. I made them all go back and sit in the room and I told them how bad that was and how angry I was. I was hoping to make them feel guilty. I even got a little teary eyed (unplanned), and that seemed to really bother them. I dismissed them, but several stayed around to try a cheer me up. Guess the trip to guiltland worked. But by next week they may have forgotten. My trip home was safe enough, but seconds later the wind started up a howl. I wasn't sure this building is really strong enough to weather a storm, but it did. My evening class at Skyland was cancelled. Out of all my classes, it had to be that one. I really like going to that class. We have a ball. Oh well, I needed the time to come up with something really inspirational to do in my baby-kids class tomorrow. Inspiration became desperation. Now I'm gonna teach them Square, Circle, Triangle tomorrow. It's not much but it's all I can come up with, with the supplies I have at hand. I had thought of a few cooler things, but that would require stopping at the store before I went to class, and the stores won't be open yet. So I will just have to show them a picture of a circle, a square and a triangle. I'll take a ball, some blocks and a musical triangle I have lying around and see if I can't stretch that into a whole ten minutes. Remember 10 minutes in toddler world is a really long time. I have certainly found that out.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the weather coverage there as annoying as it is in the U.S.? JMD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home