Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Pal Pal with my pals


The wonderful Suzukis whisked me off this morning to Paru Paru, the local amusement park out at the lake. Apparently you can translate this into Pal Pal as well. It was not a bad amusement park for a medium sized one. I have visited more than my fair share, AND had a season pass to Disney World, so I am quite the authority. Oh, they are definately not as efficient as Americans (once again), but it was a whole lot cleaner than the 6 Flags parks. Yuuma is a big kid, but he is only 8 and is a little chicken of the bigger rides, so I went on a lot of the kiddie rides with him. After lunch we went to the water park adjacent to the amusement park. It only consists of a lazy river and two water slides and a couple of baby pools. But I really do like swimming and enjoyed getting some sun. I ran into one of the few people I know - a Canadian ELT I see at the community center. Small world, eh? After swimming we went to the gift shops (also not what I am used to...all they sell are food and toys) and a few last rides. While Mikio and I were waiting to ride the rollercoaster, he asked me how many rollercoasters I had ridden. Oh, I told him not very many. 10 maybe. He thought 10 was alot. Well, when I came home I started thinking about it, and I have definately ridden more than 10. I listed them all out (not including log flumes, kiddie coasters or mine trains) and the Pal Pal rollercoaster makes the 21st rollercoaster I have ridden - that I remember. I guess Mikio might think that was incredible. Maybe you folks should leave comments about the number of rollercoasters you have ridden, to give me an idea of where I stand. How about it?

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have ridden more than me but I can't even remember what I did last week. JMD

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Well, JMD, as your official memory for the last 20 years I can tell you Yes, I have ridden more than you. I went to 6 Flags over Georgia without you once and rode every coaster there. When we went there together there were several coasters we missed. And as I recall I went on a roller coaster without you on the ill-fated Dollywood vacation. So unless you rode a couple before we met, I am ahead in the coaster count.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home