Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I have a video card!

Well, I am really living it up now. Rinako took me to the video store to help me sign up for a renters card. I had heard I was going to need a guarantor to help me get the card. One of the ways the Japanese discriminate against foreigners. But turns out that if that was the policy, it no longer is. I still needed help filling out the form, and finding out the rules and costs. But seeing as going to the movies is super-expensive here (close to $20 a ticket), dvd rental is a much better option. They run about $3.50. The hard part was choosing a movie to watch, but I think I found one that should be in English. I'll let you know tomorrow if I got it right.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out The Motorcycle Diaries if they have it. In Spanish with subtitles. Good flick. JMD

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Actually, that is the only other movie I seriously considered. But it was impossible for me to tell if it had English subtitles. Maybe I'll chance it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home