Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Back to kiddie world

Vacation is officially over. Went back to work today, but had a fairly good time. I have a bunch of good classes on Friday. But I got another call from Mr. M. saying he needed to speak to me. He would come to the community center and we would talk in his car. I hate that. First of all, I am not allowed in the front seat. I have to sit in the back like a child. Second, he always walks in front of me. It's so rude! Well, we got to his car and obviously he thinks there is some concerns about my teaching, but he just can't tell me what they are. Oh, he tries, but it all comes out gobbledy-gook. This time it was something about me being to business-like? I told him I would do better. I don't know what to do, but in general I hope that I am a good teacher, and that I get better. Isn't that what we all hope? I don't think there is any danger of getting fired, but that isn't the point. I just don't know what I am doing wrong (if anything), or how to improve, because M-san can't tell me. Oh, well, I went out and bought an small entertainment center. I wasn't planning on buying one this month, I was looking for a fan for the kitchen. But I found this really great deal in the discontinued section at Khama 21. Only 1826 yen (20 bucks-ish)! I always feel better after a little shopping therapy.

3 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he just enjoys being the boss and he can only do this by meddling. Mum

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I think you are wrong. I think he hates being the boss. He hates meeting strangers, he hates speaking English, he's too meek. I think he probably makes a bigger deal out of small complaints than an American would. I am also his entire breadd and butter, so he has to be very nervous about keeping the number of classes at the community center high. Or else he would actually have to do something, like sell more classes to companies. I really have no idea what he spends his entire week doing?

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as there are kids in the classroom there will be parents complaining about the teacher. JMD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home