Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Self flagelation

Well, I seem to have beat myself up yesterday. First, I cut myself shaving (achilles heel) and it bled profusly. Then I wore my flats when I went for my morning trip to my favorite breakfast spot and to update you my dear devoted readers. I got huge puss filled blisters on both feet. So I changed to my nice flip flops. I tripped over them going up some stairs and got a bruise on my knee the size of Kentucky. Then the flip flops gave me a blister on the top of my foot. And later in the day I walked into some automatic doors and got a bump on my head. Apparently automatic doors in Japan have it out for me. They are never opening when they should. So all these things add up to either 1) I'm out to punish myself for living the dream OR 2) My feet are swollen from all the walking and my jet lag (which is severe) is making me loopier and more klutzy than usual. Don't know what I am going to do today. I have only one class and I want to stay off my feet a little. As Vicki Lawrence said in the spoof Went With The Wind..."Guess I'll think of somethin'".

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger the englishman said...

just be careful if you go into a shop selling samurai swords

 

Post a Comment

<< Home