Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, August 01, 2005

It takes a (Japanese) family

I am reconnected to the world!!!! Yesterday I recieved my YahooBB kit. It was delivered by courier. They do that alot here. It was a Sunday, which kinda freaks me out. I am not use to any business transactions taking place on Sunday, except for a few hours when retail stores are open. It's nice, but freaky. So, all the instructions are in Japanese of course. But the wiring diagram is pretty simple, and all the wires are color coded. Even President Bush could have figured out that part. But from there on I was lost. Tried a dozen different things to get it to work. Mainly rebooting, which didn't work but I kept trying it nonethesame. So, I called Rinako. I was supposed to go to her house the following day and help her write and email, so I thought maybe she could just come to my place instead. No, no, no. That wouldn't do at all. She would bring her husband and daughter over immediately. The apartment was a wreck, so I scrambled to make it presentable. Well, they all came and sat on my floor and pointed and looked through the paperwork and pointed some more. My wiring was correct. I knew that. But they added the new network and called YahooBB to get the account authorized (or maybe they were calling a relative to chat...how would I know?). Nonetheless, they got it working! They were so nice to come rushing right over like that. I had waited a month, I could have waited another 12 hours (but just barely). I'm back!

3 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being connected can make a big difference. Fey

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot express how jealous I am! I'm still waiting on a trip to Korea to establish my long-term visa status and thus cannot get internet until my gaijin card reflects something other than 90-day temp. status.

Btw, I found your blog via my referrer logs... how is Hamamatsu treating you?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hamamatsu is treating me great (except for melting in the heat). Bossman on other hand is a total nincompoop. Oh well, life goes on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home