Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Grrrrrrrr

My boss is a royal pain in the ass. Mr. Obtuse is the most un-Japanese Japanese boss ever! On Wednesdays I have had only one class. Tuesday night at 9:30 pm he tells me I have 4 classes on Wednesday. Show up at 2:20. He doesn't tell me what kind of classes or anything. I show up, and am completely unprepared. Luckily the students are forgiving and we manage to take up a lot of time talking about me. Apparently I am the more fascinating than I realized. Two of my classes were spent just answering their questions about little ol' me. The other one just about made me jump out the window into direct traffic (or I could have chosen the back window and jumped directly on to the train tracks). They were a couple of adults using beginner books that weren't even in the office. Grrrrrrrrrr! I muddled through using the next level book. Well, on the bright side I seem to be getting the hang of this driving thing, except for the one motorcycle I hit. And even better, my Skyland Hotel class wants to take me out to dinner next week during class. We'll practice ordering things in English as an excuse to take a field trip. But I think they are worried that I am starving to death, being a vegitarian and all. They can't even wrap their heads around vegitarinanism. It's amusing now, but I have heard from others they have gotten so sick of explaining themselves they have given up and just started eating meat. I can't envision doing that. But then on Monday I could barely envision surviving the week. I'm feeling a bit calmer now. Speaking of calmer, I think I hear a gin bottle calling me name. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home