Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The evil that is 3 o'clock in the morning

Misty finally took me by the apartment I will be taking over in a week. It is exaclty like I imagined it to be. Not great. I knew that! Then how come I woke up in the middle of the night and was so pissed as hell about it? The reason is that I adore my little cubby I have now. And if I had never stayed in it, I wouldn't be so let down by the apartment. And when I had one of my rare, brief chats with Mr. M. I just mentioned how much I liked the Skyland Hotel....just as a bit of conversation. He said "Oh, apartment is very similar!" Mr. M. is a big fat liar, it's dark and old and far from the community center. The cubby is light and new and within a 3 minute walk of the CC. I hate 3 o'clock in the morning. Really, I was so upset about the apartment it was all I could think about. And having that moment when you finally get off cloud nine and say to yourself "What the Hell am I doing here?" No getting back to sleep after that. When daylight arrives the world seems much better and I know I will be able to handle it all. And I know that my biggest problem is lack of sleep. The world is always a better place when you have had enough sleep.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you found the fly in the ointment!! Even when you know you will find one, it is still hard to cope when you actually come face to face with it. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home