Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Adventures in laundryland

Well, yesterday was a day of calm. My first day off since I arrived. I found my way to the large grocery store near the apartment, which might mean I can find the apartment again! I bought exciting items like laundry detergent and peanut butter (small jar for $4). Then I returned to the cubby and figured out how to operate the washing machine. And then hung the laundry to dry. I know that might not sound like a full day to you, but when everything you do is a giant puzzle a day can be filled up by the little things. Off to try and figure out other puzzles, like getting a cash advance on my credit card.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like learning new ways of doing things. Mum

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Hey Natalie,

If you would like some new books, I have some that I am done with and can send you. I fully understand the plight of the bookworm in Japan and it can become a pricy habit, but a few hundred yen to mail them up to you is no problem. If you want, send your mailing address to salliebyer@yahoo.ca and if you it today then I can send them this afternoon! Otherwise it will have to wait until August because I'm headed home for a visit tomorrow. Yeah!!

It sounds like you're getting the hang of things. It's a steep learning curve, but when it flattens out you really feel like Queen of the Universe!!

Sallie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home