Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

1 month anniversary

I have been here a whole month. And truth is there have been times when I probably would have gotten on a plane and left, if I could figure out how to do such a thing. But, then there are times when I think I am starting to settle down and enjoy. Two of those times came within 24 hours of each other on Thursday. One of my classes took me to dinner at a traditional Japanese restaurant. They are such a good bunch of people. We had a least 8 courses and they had prepared most of the dinner vegetarian style in honor of me, and when the course was not vegetarian, they had a separate option just for me. Some of it was yummy, some it was okay and some of it wouldn't go down my throat. Everyone ordered drinks and I ordered a screwdriver. Unbeknownst to me, it was a superstrong screwdriver. Well we had a lovely time and Mr. Bossman sent us all home in taxis. Good thing. Well, between the superstrong drink and all that strange food, I didn't have a good night's sleep. And trying to jump around and sing the Hokey Pokey for 4 hours the next day was pretty horrible. I just barely got through the day without barfing all over a hoarde of toddlers. But I survived. And when my stomach gets back to normal, I will only remember the good part of the evening. It was really great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home