Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Mini Checkup and Ivan the Gorilla


It was time to take my Mini (Janey) into have her yearly checkup. When I got to the Mini dealer in Atlanta and dropped my baby off, the representative asked "so, what number do you want us to call when it's ready?" Huh? Apparently one of the checkup items was to do a little recall work and that included rewiring the airbag sensors, or some such hooey and would take 5 hours. Uggghhh. So they put me in a rental car for the day (very nice of them), but I didn't know what to do with all that time. Couldn't go shopping. I can't fit one more single item in my suitcases. So I thought I would finally go see Ivan the Gorilla at Zoo Atlanta. Ivan spent 27 years at a tacky shopping mall in Tacoma, Washington, in a very small display. PAWS (my old employer) worked very hard to get him out of his rotten living situation. When he was finally released, he was sent to Zoo Atlanta. They have really wonderful living situations for Gorilla's there. Ivan, is now living in one of these exhibits and has been introduced to other gorillas. He now has his own harem of 3 females and is keeping them happy. So, I got to use this unexpected Atlanta time visiting a celebrity. Worked out okay in the end.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger the englishman said...

Looking forward to reading about your exploits in Japan. The first thing you should do is eat natto. The foreigners here love it more than chocolate. Ganbatte!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome story!! It must have felt amazing working for an organization doing good in the world 😊

 

Post a Comment

<< Home