Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Can She Bake A Cherry Pie?

I don't know, I have never tried. Too boring. But this is my Blueberry Sourcream pie. I took this pie to work with me. Several people asked for the recipe, so here it is.

1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Four
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Beaten Egg
2 Cups Blueberries
1 Unbaked Pie Shell
3 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp Softened Butter
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar

Beat the first 6 ingredients with a mixer on medium for 5 minutes, fold in blueberries and then pour into shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Mix the last 3 ingredient into crumbles. Crumble onto pie and bake for another 10 minutes. Easy as pie. Of course I'm using my new oven which doesn't cook anything like my old oven. I'm just going to have to add 25 degrees to all my recipes and an additional 10 percent to the cooking time. Everyone at work thought it was good, even if it didn't live up to my high standards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home